Monday, July 6, 2015

Christmas in July at the Cafe



Christmas in July


We're celebrating Christmas in July at The Cutting Cafe!
To create my DT projects I used the Stocking Box Set along with the Fun With Snowflakes Template...Cutting File.



The Stocking Box Set includes a tall rectangle box to store Christmas goodies in.


The metallic snowflake was cut from the Fun With Snowflakes template...cutting file. This is a very versatile set with individual snowflakes, cards and backgrounds included. The other snowflakes are stickers and I stamped a few on the white label.

Here's a tip for making the Stocking Box Set
Print two of the stocking, one for the front and one for the back. When printing the second stocking  reverse the paper on your cutting mat (or place backward in your printer tray) so they'll match. Another tip is to ink the back of your paper if it's white because it adds some visual interest.

The label is part of the file and it's great to record your sentiment.

Metallic sticker paper gives this snowflake some flair and I added a vintage button to the center.



On this Stocking Box Set I used double sided paper.



and a large Fun With Snowflakes snowflake 
which I cut from Silhouette chipboard. 
I gave it a coat of gesso and after drying it received white sparkle glitter.


 The Cutting Cafe


For more Christmas in July projects visit TCC's blog tomorrow.
By leaving a comment on the DT post you could be in the running to win 3 FREE sets.
Regina will announce the winner on the 21st of July.
Thanks for looking!
Lisa xx


14 comments:

Audrey L. said...

Beautiful stockings! I love the blue and white ones especially.

Regina Easter said...

oh my word, i can't simply chose a favorite...all so stinkin cute

Peanut said...

That is just soooo beautiful, Lisa! LOVE the cute stockings!
hugs Asha

Pia S said...

I love these, they feel so nostalgic somehow, and they're glittery and sparkly and so very Christmasy!

Lisa Minckler said...

Nice tips L1!! Those blue stockings are incredibly classy I love the country gingham stocking very much. Amazing what different papers can do for the very same file. Your embellishments are da bomb!!!!
hugs to you and hope you're enjoying your Summer.
L2

Paper Profusion said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lisa. Nicola x

Jeri said...

Stunning! Fabulous embellishments.

Scrappy Boy said...

Wow Lisa!!! So beautiful!!

Tina Goodwin said...

Gorgeous stockings! I am loving the blue papers!

Angeline Choo said...

Absolutely beautiful !LOving the colors and details

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

My little girl would swoon over these stockings:) She loves blue as much as I love pink! These r super pretty:) Krista

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

So pretty...from the elegant blue stocking to the more country plaid one. Amazing how different paper can make them look like different patterns! I loved the glittery accents.

Donna Espiritu said...

beautiful stockings! tfs!

Keri’s Kreativity said...

These are so beautiful!! I love them!! I especially love the vintage buttons in the snowflakes. Too Cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...